Donating Land, Goods or Trade Services for Home Construction
It All Begins with Land
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area is always looking for land. If you need a tax deduction, we may be able to accept your land as a donation, provided that it meets our guidelines:
- Lot size of 50’ x 135’.
- Out of flood zone areas.
- Lot of Record.
- On city or county sewer and water.
- Buildable: preferably no more than 10 ft. in elevation change.
- Not a lot of trees to take down and remove.
- Convenient to public transportation, schools, goods and services
Background Information for Material & Trade Service Donations
Our homes reflect Habitat’s intent of providing simple, decent, affordable homes. Our designs follow these criteria:
- Living space: 1,056 square feet for a 3-bedroom, 2 bath house.
- Living space of 1,152 square feet for a 4-bedroom, 2 bath house.
- Families choose several finishes including siding, shutter and roof colors; carpet or laminate and vinyl siding color, and façade.
- Special needs families often require floor plan modifications.
- We build to Energy Star 3.0 Standards.
- House design (crawl space or slab) and size (bedrooms) depends on the lay of the land and family need. These factors are not always known at the start of the fundraising process,
- Our homes are built by volunteers except where trades requiring licenses, Workman’s Comp. and liability insurance are called for.
We welcome and encourage donations of materials and services that are compatible with these criteria.
Ready to Donate or Have a Question?
Send an email to email@example.com or call 423-756-0507, Ext. 17.