As an ecumenical faith based organization, partnership with people across denominational lines is at the core of our work. Whether its our staff, our volunteers, or our partner families, people of many faiths come together thanks to Habitat’s work.
While some faith partners are able to fully sponsor homes, others are looking for a way to be a part of Habitat’s work that includes a more manageable commitment.
With this in mind, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area has created a new opportunity.
Faith House Partner – $5,000
An ecumenical group of faith partners join together to build alongside a Habitat Partner Family
- A Friday/Saturday build weekend with up to 20 volunteer spots commemorative gifts for partner volunteer work days
- House Sponsor sign posted at assigned address bearing the all partners’ names, and the name of partner family while house is under construction (approximately 4 months)
- Invitation to Groundbreaking and Dedication programs
- Partner name on Habitat website
- Acknowledgement in the Habitat newsletter
- Social media cross-promotion with build day photos on HabiChatt social media
- Acknowledgement at annual event
- Certificate of Appreciation
- CD of photos of work days
Faith Partners enjoy additional volunteer engagement opportunities for non-building members of the congregation:
- Provide morning devotion on each of Faith Partner’s build day
- Prepare and/or deliver breakfast, lunch or snacks to site
- Receive partner family biography in advance – to be shared with congregation
- Musician/choir/praise team participation in groundbreaking or dedication program
- Access to Habitat for Humanity Kid’s Build materials
If you would like to be a Faith House Partner, please call Dominique Brandt at 423-7560507, Ext 16 for more information.